Weight gain & obesity are one of the major health problems in the world. Most of the obese people get worried with their weight & they are not sure of how to shred those extra calories or fat. Weight gain impacts a human both mentally & physically. Obesity or weight gain is associated with several conditions like metabolic syndrome. It includes high blood pressure & elevated blood sugar levels & unbalanced lipid profile. For more than a decade most of the research is happening to find different ways to prevent weight gain & obesity. High probability of obese feel that weight gain happens due to lack of motivation or will power. Indeed, the fact is that weight gain is relatively proportionate to many reasons.
Eating behavior, such as overeating, eating habits & timings with sanitary lifestyle impacts majorly on weight gain. These are the primary reasons for weight gain. But, let us discuss some of the other reasons as well.
1. Genetics : This is one of the reasons that weight gain/lean physique happens. Children of obese parents are more likely to be obese than children of lean parents. Obesity has really a strong genetic component. This doesn’t mean that genetics is the only reason or predetermined reason for weight gain but What you eat can have a major effect on which genes are expressed and which are not.
2. Junk Foods : Having processed foods or junk foods can increase the obese levels. Junk Foods or processed foods have longer shelf life & it is very much easy for us to get tempt with the taste of these foods & we never mind with the quantity of the food. In fact, this is an example of overeating which directly impacts our health.
3. Food Addiction : Some people experience strong food cravings or addiction. Generally, this happens with the sugary or high processed junk foods. People loose control over their eating behaviour & go for overeating. Food Addiction is a complex issue & it is very difficult to overcome.
4. Insulin :Insulin is one of the major hormones that regulates energy storage in the body. As per endocrine web: Insulin is a hormone made by the pancreas that allows your body to use sugar (glucose) from carbohydrates in the food that you eat for energy or to store glucose for future use. High insulin levels can cause weight gain/obese. One of the best ways to lower insulin levels is to cut down the sugary & refined carbohydrate foods. Eating more fiber can help you to fight obesity.
5. Leptin Resistant : Leptin is another hormone that plays an important role in weight gain or obesity. Leptin, an appetite-reducing hormone, doesn’t work in many obese individuals.
6. Sugar : This is another major factor which is directly proportional to the weight gain. Added sugar in the diet is the worst aspect. It increases weight. Most of the researchers & scientists too believe that excessive sugar intake is also one of the major reasons for obesity.
7. Leptin Resistant : It makes unbalance to most of our hormones. This impacts majorly on our habits, lifestyle & even thinking also. Stress can change your body shape. When we are in stress, we never mind of our eating habits, lifestyle, timings & we never focus or concentrate of what we are doing. As per Medicine Net: The body has a system of hormonal checks and balances that may promote weight gain when you’re stressed out. … Therefore, chronic stress, or poorly managed stress, may lead to elevated cortisol levels that stimulate your appetite, with the result being weight gain or difficulty losing unwanted pounds.
These are some of the reasons that can cause weight gain. We have a clear voiced & descriptive video on YouTube where you can understand in-depth about the weight gain reasons & how to shred those extra fat.
Please check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS0qRcbjtI0